Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You want your what????

I only have myself to blame.  I left them lying all over the house.  They were supposed to be used for Amelia's baby dolls and stuffed animals but it seems one little man in the house has become very fond of them.


I only tried 345 times to get him to take a pacifier when he was a newborn and then again when he was teething and one last effort when the poor thing was dealing with all of those ear infections.  But now and only now has he decided he needs one. He is fifteen months old and he is constantly sucking on one.  It was cute at first.  Amelia and Maddox would be playing and he would come around the corner with one in his mouth.  Then he started using it when he was fussy and now it is all the time. 




 Oh dear!  But seriously, who can resist this face coming toward you?
or this face for that matter....

I guess I had it coming.  According to my mother, I loved my paci and apparently I didn't give it up easily.  Doesn't every one's mom say ,"I hope you have a child just like you so you will understand what I went through."  I thought I was out of the woods with that statement with my little mini me, Amelia....but she never took a pacifier.  So, Maddox, let's start the process of putting down the paci.......but let's start tomorrow!

My mom and dad were very fair with us kids growing up.  Everything was equal ....from the number of Christmas presents under the tree to the size of our slices of pizza.  Having said this, there is NO way and I mean no way that I could write about Maddox and not Amelia so here we go.

I mentioned before about Amelia's obsession with dogs but I don't think anyone really understands it entirely until you visit our house.  All her dogs have their own leash, collar, toys and bed.  Yes, bed.  Before bed every night, Amelia puts all her animals to sleep in some sort of box, crate, or crib.  And a lucky 15 of them get to sleep in the bed with her.  This decision is not an easy one.  It usually delays bedtime a good 10 minutes.  Actually, those animals seem to delay everything we do for 10 minutes. 
Like here, we were trying to get out the door for school and I couldn't get her to put the dog leash down!!  And now, to complicate things even worse, we have added a new addition.  It was a "tax season guilt" present from Daddy.  Amelia has named her Charlie and for now, she gets the bed with Amelia at night.


I guess there are worse things to be crazy over.  Pacifiers and stuffed dogs...I think I got it pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment