Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring's a comin'

Yes, yes, yes!!!  My favorite time of the year is slowly approaching.  It's getting a little warmer outside and of course, raining more...so I know it's on its way.  Monday morning I got up and looked outside and saw two sweet ducks trying to make it to the pond down the street.



This was particularly awesome because Maddox got the chance to say "quack, quack" for 10 minutes. He was seriously obsessed with trying to get out the door to see the ducks.  Drew and Amelia ran and got some biscuits and we fed the ducks before school.  What a great start to the day!

Another sign that spring is on its way is when the bubbles come out.  Honestly, they are not my favorite.  They get everything wet and that stupid wand always falls too far down in the bottle but wow, my kids love them.  It was raining outside so we decided to blow some bubbles in the house.

Needless to say, the kids had a blast.  My carpet was soaked but they were smiling like crazy...so who cares, right?


And now...my favorite thing about spring.  It's those 2 words that make me so happy!  March Madness!  It starts tomorrow.  My SEC bracket is due by 1:00 so you know what I will be working on later.  There is so much to love about the tournament.  I always look forward to "The Road to the Final Four" stories.  You know, the ones that talk about the kid who was sick and was told he would never walk again.  But then, in their conference championship game, he hits the winning shot with only .6 seconds left.  I live for those feel good moments.  I also love the upsets.  I am always aware about the 12 seed upsetting the 5 seed and I live to see those games.  ( This year, I will not only be cheering for UK but for Belmont, too)  Hope the Bruins can hand out some of those upsets.  And finally, I just love cheering for the Cats and seeing all the crazy fans.  I can't get enough of the interviews with the people that quit work and drive to Altanta in their RVs.  (Btw, this is Drew's dream when he retires!)  So better head over to ESPN and start some research.  I need to print out my bracket and set the DVR to record Selection Sunday...oh, and find my highlighter....I have a feeling I'm going to need it alot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment