Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This and That

My sweet friend Laura sent me an email about 9 months ago.  It was entitled, " A little something we have been working on for you birthday."  I open the email to find an ultrasound picture of a sweet baby girl due right around my birthday. 



I used to work with Laura at John's New Classic Shoes and have we continued to stay in touch.  She visited me in the hospital when I had both of my children and has shared many special events with me.  Not only do I love Laura, but her husband, Pete is a UK fan and a U of L hater...and well that just makes him super cool!




Laura tagged me in a post about Stylish Bloggers!! I don't really even know what this means, but I love to write about my kids and well now I have an assignment so....here are the rules:

1. Make a post and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award recently discovered bloggers the award so it will be their turn next.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won.

So 7 things, huh?  Here we go!

1.  I LOVE Christmas.  I love the lights, the smells, the tree, the food, the whole nine yards.  I guess it goes back to when I was little.  It was just always such a special time.  I remember the anticipation and the excitement on Christmas morning.  Mom always made sure that Matt, Tyler, and I had the exact same number of gifts under the tree and our stockings were always full of the greatest presents. We spent alot of family time together playing games and watching movies. Believe it or not, I still feel that same anticipation and excitement now that I have children of my own. 


2.  I'm a little OCD.  Things must be organized and in their place.  I can't leave a dirty kitchen until morning.  I refuse to eat in the dark and will only use one brand of lotion on my hands.  If my cell phone dies when I'm talking to someone, I have to call them back.  I will not end a conversation because of a dropped call.  The kid's toys must be picked up at night and put up in their proper place.  You know, Barbie shoes with their matching outfits, Pet Shop on the table, balls in the basket.  Sadly, I could list many more of these OCD type issues, but let's just say these few are the only ones I have..(wink, wink)

3.  Watching Amelia do gymnastics makes me so proud.  She's just so darn cute and works so hard.  It's so awesome seeing her improve and have fun.  It's probably safe to say that I look forward to gymnastic day more than she does.  It is also so enjoyable for Maddox.  There are several girls in Amelia's class that have brothers around the same age.  The brothers bring toys and get to play while the sisters are flipping so it has become a little play date for him.

4.  I still sleep with my baby blanket.  Mom worked on it while she was expecting me.  I don't really ever remember a time sleeping without it.  I remember in grade school girlfriends would ask me to spend the night and I would take my own pillow so I could hide my blanket inside and no one would know.  Eventually, the blanket gave out and basically disintegrated so when I went off to college, Mom made me another one.  It has been with me through the birth of both my kids and now....Amelia and Maddox both have blankets of their own.

5.  I say I like the outdoors but really, I'm not that big of a fan.  First of all, I hate to be sweaty and now that I'm older, I don't wear shorts and well, I sweat.  And I hate birds.  They totally and completely freak me out.  Mosquitoes love me.  If I were outside with 50 people, they'd pick me and only me. Spray doesn't help, candles don't help..only going inside helps!

6.  I'm a reality TV junkie.  American Idol, The Real Housewives of wherever, Cake Boss, Teen Mom....You get the idea.  I don't know why I'm obsessed but I am and have come to deal with it!

7.  I am 100% confident that I married the perfect person for me.  Not only do I love him more now than the day we said I do, but he complements me in every way.  If you know me, you know that I'm a little high strung, stressed, out going, passionate, and little unpredictable.  Drew, on the other hand, is very level headed, confident, calm, and well, he's basically everything I'm not.  Having said that, we still have the same views on how to run the house and raise the kids.  He's a great father and a great partner and am so glad I at least made one decision in my life that I will never regret.


Okay, there you go...7 things!!  I tag Jessica, who has finally, with some urging, started an awesome blog about her and her 3 children... Kelly Jo, who has the two cutest kids ever and has a killer background that she has worked so hard on;)....and Amy.  Amy is a dear, sweet friend that I met selling jewelry.  Her relationship with her husband and her children reminds me so much of mine and have enjoyed reading so much about her life.

Done...Ta-Da!!

No comments:

Post a Comment