Friday, March 25, 2011

Leaky Sippy Cups

Last night, as I pulled the sheets down to hop into bed, I found Maddox's leaky sippy cup.  I was so annoyed.  I just wanted to go to sleep and I found myself doing more work....changing and washing sheets.  I brushed my teeth and just before heading to bed for a second time, I checked on the kids.  There they were, sleeping like angels.  I stood at the door and started to think about the time when there will be no leaky sippy cups, and when there will be no toys to dodge in the family room, and when there will be no crayons to clean off the walls.  I began to think about what I did 5 years ago, when I had no children.  I honestly can't even remember that time.  I started to think about how they had changed me and how full my heart was now.  So, through tears, I write to you... Amelia and Maddox.



My sweetest Rose,
Oh, how I love you!  You will be starting Kindergarten in just a few months and there are a couple of things I need you to know.  The last 4 1/2 years with you every second of everyday have been my favorite.  I have watched you grow into the kindest, sweetest, and most caring 5 year old.  Keep that generous heart.  It will get you very far.  Keep worrying about other people and sharing what you have with others.  I hope you will always care for your baby brother like you do now.  It will be one of the best relationships you will ever have.  I hope you continue to laugh and giggle and enjoy the small things.  I love to hear you sing and watch you dance, so please don't stop having fun. Remember to come to Mommy or Daddy for anything and know that we are always in your corner.  I love you, sweet girl, and want to thank you for being you!!

To the moon and back,
Mommy

My little Prince,
I never knew I could love another boy until you came along.  You stole Mommy's heart!  We have had so much fun these last 16 months.  And now, you are really starting to understand this thing called life.  You are full of energy and never stop running.  You have a smile that will brighten even the most dreary day.  Never stop smiling!  You follow Amelia wherever she goes.  I hope you will always look up to your sister because she loves you very much.  I wish you would always laugh the way you do now.  It's just so perfect!  And coloring, you love to color.  Keep on creating! You cry when I leave the room, and yes, I hope that doesn't continue... But, I do hope you will always want Mommy and Daddy in your life.  Seeing that face of yours running towards me everyday is priceless, and I'm going to need that next year when sis goes off to school. We are going to have to stick together, little man.  I love you, Maddie!


Kisses,
Mommy

Mamas love their children.  Nothing new about that.  But I just feel so lucky and so blessed to raise these babies.  I have always heard that once your children begin school, time really starts to fly by.  I want a pause button.  I want to stop and stay here for awhile.  So here's to markers with no tops, stepping on toys barefoot, crying, whining, poop, and leaky sippy cups.  Because, if I know one thing, I know for sure....I will miss those sippy cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment