Monday, February 7, 2011

It has to start somewhere

Its so very easy to get caught up in the daily grind.  It seems like eveything I do is in 30 minute increments....Breakfast, dress kids, take Amelia to ballet, school, gymnastics, lunch, put Maddox down for his nap, laundry, fix dinner, homework, bath, bedtime.  Most days, after the kids are in bed, I look around and think to myself..I got NOTHING done today. But today was one of those days where I felt a sense of accomplishment.  It wasnt a different day by any stretch of the imagination.  I just thought about it in a different way.

It began this morning.  I taught Amelia how to hold her sleeves when I put her jacket on so they didnt slide half way up her arm.  This lesson was followed quickly by showing Maddox where his nose was;)  I showed Amelia not only how to draw a perfect square but then to cut it out with big girl scissors.  And an hour later I managed to save Maddox, yet again, from the top of the stairs.  After the kid's nap, I attempted to perfect Amelia's cartwheel and I must say Maddox's forward roll is showing some serious signs of improvement  .At dinner, I enlisted Amelia has my assistant chef and showed her how to prepare pork chops.  She became bored after about 5 minutes but while cooking, I taught her how to print the number 3 and spell a couple of words with the magnets on the fridge.  Several times while cooking dinner, I was forced to explain to Maddox why we dont hit our sister and why we dont throw toys at the wall. Both kids were taught how to feed George the guinea pig and they actually enjoyed it.  Amelia and I colored, did puzzles and had THE best nap ever.  Maddox and I played trucks, hide and seek and had THE best snuggling session ever.  And in between all of this, I managed to skype Mom, return several phone calls and  I even booked 2 shows.  My house is dirty, Im tired and I know it all starts over tomorrow....But, gosh, I got ALOT done today!

1 comment:

  1. The day you described is kind of like what I thought being a SAHM would be like. But most often it's like the other (chaotic, hectic) day. If I let the house, laundry, and grocery all go then I can feel like I got somethings done. I know you can relate. :)

    ReplyDelete