Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Bleed Blue

Ive been watching basketball since I can remember.....I mean I practically grew up in the gym.   I can't shoot a basketball to save my life but I used to rebound free throws for Matt like a champ. I guess that's how it all started.  Its just always been a part of my life.  I remember sitting around watching the UK games with my family, screaming at the television.  Back then, you were either a UK fan or a U of L fan and you knew exactly which of your friends were cheering for blue and white.

We drove to Lexington every summer for Matt to go the UK basketball camp and I decided then that I would be completely content in good ol Lexington for the rest of my life. Once I started my freshman year, it became an obsession really.  I mean the fans truly are crazy, although I like to think of them as passionate.  I was lucky enough to celebrate 2 national championships ( and should have been three no thanks to Arizona)  And now...well, we live for March Madness.  I fill out a bracket every year and take it very seriously! And honestly, its hard to say which is stronger.... my love for Kentucky or my hatred for Louisville.  The perfect day for me is a UK win and a U of L loss.  So that brings me to the present.  Get your act together, Kentucky.  I know you are a young team and its tough to win on the road, but let's do this!  Louisville is ranked ahead of us right now and I don't like that one bit.  So sorry to all of my U of L friends...and my in laws.... but you know me by now.  I BLEED BLUE!

1 comment: