Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Dog Request

I knew this day would come.  I think it does for every child.  I'm sure every mother has gone through the "Can I get a dog ?" phase.  It's reached a whole new level at our house.  Amelia has now resorted to actually pretending she's a dog for about 70% of the day.  I have to call her by names like Chloe, Mugsy, Diggs, etc.  I have to pet her, walk her, and feed her from a bowl.  Seriously, I practically own a dog already so I'm not sure why I'm struggling with this so much.  That darn commercial on Animal Planet gets her every time.  You know the one with Sarah McLachlan that shows the pictures of the homeless animals.  Amelia always reads the phone number off and demands we call immediately. 

On one hand, I would love to see her face when she opens a box with an adorable puppy in it.  And on the other hand, I am reminded about our history with pets in the house.  We have gone through 3 hermit crabs (Amelia thinks we have had only 1), 3 fish (Amelia thinks we have had only 1), a chicken, and now a guinea pig.  Do we really need another responsibility?  And when I say we, I mean me....cause I know what a dog means for me.  Another thing to feed, bathe, clean up after, play with, and train.  I just don't know if I'm up to it.  But then again, I'm not sure how much longer we can hold her off....I guess this is... TO BE CONTINUED!

1 comment:

  1. Oh,just get her one! LOL!

    Rachel has been pretending to be a dog too (in fact she is barking in my ear at this very moment) and said they play it alot at school. So that should help. It will be a constant reminder ; )

    ReplyDelete