Monday, June 20, 2011

For Your Feet?

I was hesitant to post this story but finally decided I couldn't resist.  May not be suitable for the males out there so feel free to stop reading now.....

Since I had Amelia 5 years ago I have not been able to shower, take a bath or go to the bathroom alone.  She loves to be in there with me while I'm getting ready, going through all of the drawers and my makeup.  I was fixing my hair last week, talking on the phone, and entertaining 2 kids when I was asked the question "What are these?"  I didn't look up at first and simply replied, " I'm not sure, honey."  After hearing the same question 4 or 5 times, I hung up the phone to give her the attention she needed.  When I turned around, she had a tampon stuck half way up her nose.  Maddox was sitting in the floor with about 10 of them around him.  "What are these, Mommy?  They smell so good."  I can honestly say I had no idea what to do.  I was so caught off guard!  After stuttering around I finally said, "They are for your feet."  She said, "Oh, I get it.  You rub them on your feet and they will make them smell good."  Can you believe that I agreed with her?  "Yep."  Conversation over.....until this morning.  I was doing some laundry and picking up the house when I heard Amelia say " Hold on, Maddox."  She came into the laundry room and said, "Mom, Maddox's feet really stink.  Can I go upstairs and get some of those things."  Are you kidding me?  The child forgets nothing.  I told her we were fresh out smell good feet things and left the room.  I think I might have laughed for 15 minutes, the kind of laugh where you are crying and your stomach is hurting.
 I love that girl.

1 comment: