Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fancy Father's Day

We had big plans for Father's Day this year...well, not really big plans, just not "stay inside all day because it's raining" plans.  We gave Drew his present on Friday because Amelia can't hold a secret for more than 30 seconds.  We worked hard and I mean hard on his gifts.  I thought it would be so much fun to paint him some pottery.  Boy was I wrong.  After breaking things and spilling paint and whining and crying, (and by crying, I mean all 3 of us) we left with nothing.  You have to leave your pottery there and pick it up in a week which is sooooo much fun to explain to a 4 year old.  Anyhoo, after all of that, it WAS worth it.  Drew loved his coffee cup (painted by Maddox and Mommy) and a weird statue of a rabbit (picked out by Amelia).

Not knowing how these would turn out, we had a backup plan in place....


So this morning, with gifts already handed out, we found ourselves staring at each other.  Somewhere between 9 and 10 o'clock, Drew started cleaning out the refrigerator.  I started laundry and dishes and before I knew it, we were in full cleaning mode.  The kids started getting restless so we went upstairs for lunch.  What a great idea because Amelia and Drew and Maddox put on an impromptu dance recital.  Drew, with absolutely no musical background, played the piano and Amelia danced.  As I came around the corner, this is what I saw smiling up at me....

And a big thank you to Maddox.  After thinking all the gifts had been handed out, he gave Drew what every father wants to see....His son in high heels!!


We love you, Drew.  Eveyone that knows you does.  You are THE BEST dad and the kids will thank you for it someday...You may just have to wait, oh 20 years, until they realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment