Saturday, June 11, 2011

Conversation with a 4 year old

It was hard for me to make the decision to start writing a blog, but I really wanted to have a place for all of those wonderful comments that come out of a child's mouth, so I decided to make a go of it.  Some things Amelia has said are so funny!   I will never need to write these down because they are forever in my memory.  But there are some conversations, probably the sweetest ones, I'm afraid will eventually slip away if I don't jot them down.

Today I was running around like a nut....no different than any other day really.  I was doing about 10 things at once, when I heard the washing machine stop.  I went to the laundry room and started switching the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  And to my surprise, they were all the prettiest shade of pink......Not good, when it is a load of Drew's white work shirts.  I beat myself up all morning over it and to myself I said, "Stephanie, I just don't like you that much today."  As I turned around, there she was, all ears.  She proceeded to lecture me and this conversation followed....

"Mom, you should love yourself.  God made you and everyone loves you.  Maddox loves you, I love you, and you know daddy loves you because you are his wife.  We want you in this family but you have to love yourself.  And if you don't, then you should just go live with your mother."

Safe to say, she pretty much hit the nail on the head.  I kissed her forehead and said, "Amelia, I'm so glad you keep me in check."

No comments:

Post a Comment