Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Unwanted Guest....and the Friend Who Saved the Day

Wednesday night at about 11 pm, I walked into Maddox's room to check on him before I called it a night.  The poor thing was on all fours sick as a dog.  He threw up until 6 in the morning.  To make a long story short, he was sick for 2 days and eventually ended up in the ER with a stomach virus.  We came home Friday from the hospital and were so relieved that everyone else had avoided that stupid thing.  About an hour after being home, Drew became sick and I quickly followed.  I looked around the room to see Maddox, Drew, and I lying on the floor.

Precious Amelia was literally stepping over us to play with her barbies and crayons and stuffed animals.  I stumbled to the phone and called my dear, sweet friend, Anne Milburn.  All I could think to do was to get Amelia out of the house so she wouldn't become sick.  I told Anne about how ill we were and she said, "Just tell me what to do."  I asked if Amelia could stay with her for the night and we would pick her up early in the morning.  I packed Amelia a bag and Anne came to pick her up for a girl's night.  I grabbed Maddox, put him to bed, and slept for a couple of hours.  I called Anne at 10 and could hear Amelia laughing and giggling in the background.  I headed to bed knowing Amelia was in good hands.  The phone rang at 6 in the morning.  I assumed Amelia was missing Mama.  Anne informed me that Amelia had been up since midnight vomiting.  I was devastated.  Not only was my baby sick, but poor Anne and her daughter, Remy, were exposed.   I felt so bad for Anne because I knew how evil that virus was and I knew how exhausting it was to stay up and take care of a sick little one.   I brought Amelia home and she was pitiful.

We finally all recovered on Sunday morning.  I called to thank Anne for being such a great friend.  And then....she broke the news that Remy was now sick.  She was not mad...she was not rude....she was, well, everything I probably wouldn't have been.

I have alot of good friends.  In fact, I have many great friends.  But a friend like Anne is one in a million.  She is caring, generous, understanding, thoughtful and loyal.  She protected my child and took care of her when she was sick.  I have apologized to her about a million times for getting Remy sick and last night she told me....

 "Release it.  There are way too many other things to stress about.  We don't know God's Plan.  Us being in the house sick could have kept us safe from another situation."  So ......I'm releasing the guilt and celebrating the fact that I'm so blessed to Anne in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment