Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just worry about yourself!

The sister/brother "love" is in full effect at our house.  Poor Amelia can't do a single thing without Maddox two steps behind her.  She becomes so frustrated with him that she yells and tries to discipline him herself.  I have  to remind her to come tell me about the problem and to only worry about herself.  Having said that, yesterday morning, I was trying to teach Amelia about good manners.  I had the perfect opportunity because she was eating her cereal like a cow.  It went something like this....."Amelia, let's try to use good manners and chew with your mouth closed."  She replied, "Can't you just worry about yourself?"  This made me stop in my tracks for two reasons.  One. obviously, she has heard me tell her that a thousand times and I thought it was so funny. Two. I thought to myself how crazy it would be to just worry about myself.  I mean, seriously, every breath I take and every decision I make is with that sweet child in mind.  Just worry about myself?  Not a chance.  Don't get me wrong, it would be nice for a day or so but it just seems so absurd.  Everyone told me that when I had children, my life would never be the same so I was prepared for that...so I thought.  I assumed my life would basically consist of less sleep and just alot more love.  I had no idea that every. single. thing. in my life would be different.....the things that make me happy, the things that make me sad, the clothes I wear, the words I say, the foods I eat, the movies I watch, the things I dream about, the things I hope for, etc.  Amelia is only four years old and I worry so much about her.  I can't imagine how much I will worry when she is 10 or 16, for that matter.  So Amelia, I hate to break it to you, but to answer your question..No, I can't just worry about myself  and I'm perfectly fine with that.

And speaking of worry...What am I going to do with this guy?




He is in so much trouble all the time...Here he is "beating" Drew with an empty two liter bottle....




and here...Dumping his cookies on the couch!



He is 17 months old and Im worried those terrible twos are coming quickly. Two kids to worry about...I guess double the worry, double the fun!

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to everything you said!!! Double the worry!!! But I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

    ReplyDelete